• Our attorney staff will provide consultation and guidance for all allegations of misconduct arising out of your employment thatis not criminal in nature.
• Representation by a MAP attorney only will be provided to protect your rights at either a police, fire, civil service commission or arbitration hearing.
• Initial consultation with one of our MAP attorneys on issues that can result in discipline. While MAP does not file lawsuits or provide civil rights violation representation, our staff will
provide consultation on these matters to ensure your rights. In cases where criminal allegations are made, MAP will assist you in early discussions to ensure your rights are not violated. Representation for an initial interview only will be provided in alleged criminal cases, also.
• Representation at all hearings where suspensions and/ortermination is being sought against you for work-related
allegations of misconduct.
• Administrative and/or appellate service when such cases qualify and are approved by the MAP Board.
• Peace of mind that as a MAP member, when acting in good faith in the performance of your duty, MAP will provide a MAP attorney (only) to represent you at no additional cost to you.
• Relief for expert witnesses or other expert testimony in that MAP provides a partial benefit for these fees.